| 1 comments ]

IMG_4994_BLOG
I've been dying to get back up to Longwood Gardens in Kennett Square, PA. I went there for the first time over a year ago and it was in the dead of winter with a friend who was doing engagement photos for her friends (who are now married and expecting twins!). The architecture was beautiful but I was really looking forward to seeing it surrounded by summer flowers.

My parents, knowing I've been itching to get up there, gave me a trip and overnight stay at the Brandywine River Hotel. The hotel was nice and convenient, but it wasn't a place I'd go out of my way for. The instant I opened the door to my room, the scent of "old and musty" hit my nose. Sure enough, I found a patch of mold in the corner of my room over the window. My parents have stayed there numerous times and they said they must have had some heavy rain to cause it. They love the hotel, so they'd go again. Me? I didn't find it remarkable and it could use some updating (in addition to taking of the mold). The bed was comfortable...and that's half the battle in a hotel room :).

More importantly, it was just quality time spent with my parents. We had such a beautiful day. After many 100+ degrees day, it was in the mid-80's and just a fantastic day to walk around. The flowers were beautiful and the gardens are ornate. If you decide to go for a visit, make sure to go before November 21 to take advantage of their exhibit Making Scents: The Art and Passion of Fragrance. Flowers with fragrance are marked throughout the gardens with a special sign. Plus there's an exhibit where you can learn the art to making perfume and how flowers' oils are harvested to make scents. It's a great, interactive display and worth experiencing. Here are some photos I snapped while walking around...


IMG_4935_BLOG

IMG_4921_BLOG

IMG_4936

IMG_4961

IMG_4919_BLOG

IMG_4966_BLOG

IMG_4928_BLOG

IMG_5028_BLOG

IMG_5016_BLOG

IMG_5010_BLOG

IMG_5024_BLOG

IMG_5011_BLOG

www.tips-fb.com
, , ,
Barb in AK said... @ August 8, 2010 at 6:21 PM

As always, your photos are just stunning!

Post a Comment

I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment :-D!

~ Erin