| 1 comments ]

Tree Branch
They blended into the dirt hill. I dropped the bag of groceries I was carrying so I could slam the trunk shut. It landed with a THUD. As soon as the trunk hit the car, their eyes popped open. I caught the movement out of the corner of my eye. I looked at them; they looked at me, and then they stood up.

I grabbed the bag of groceries and ran to the house straight ahead. They ran after me. I threw the groceries over my head and that satisfied one of the alligators chasing me. But the other kept coming, fast.

There was a tree near the door. I jumped, catching the branch hanging over the doorway. The other alligator caught up with me. I lifted my feet, but he kept snapping away. I managed to wiggle off my shoe. I tossed it at him and he started chomping on it like it was a Tasty Kake.

I saw my opening.

I wiggled off the other shoe, tossed it at the hungry alligator, swung my body over his head, let go of the tree branch, and landed on the front porch. I swung the door open so fast and ran inside, slamming the door behind me.

The End.

Three thoughts.

1. I'll never drink orange juice before going to bed ever again.

2. This is why my feet MUST be completely covered by blankets while I sleep. I know I wouldn't be dreaming about alligators eating my feet if my left foot had been completely covered.

3. I know I'm dreaming of alligators because that kid found one in the Patapsco.

www.tips-fb.com
Barb in AK said... @ August 8, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Oh my heavens!!! I would have been exhausted if I woke up from a dream like that! So glad it was JUST a dream! :-)

Post a Comment

I appreciate what you have to say. Thank you for taking time to leave a comment :-D!

~ Erin